Why Join Us?
Come aboard if you are excited by challenges and at ease working across cultures. You'll find interesting people who speak their minds and measure success not by how many hours are worked but by what gets accomplished.
Immediate impact, continuous challenge
- You'll work on challenging projects that have a significant impact on clients, industries, and societies from day one.
- We'll ask you to challenge the norm and constantly strive to build something new to shape our firm and the world around us.
- You'll be a contributing team member from the start, working with senior colleagues and clients to build trust-based relationships and deliver breakthrough impact.
- Your experience will be diverse, with each project offering new opportunities to expand your toolkit and to team with Specialists who have deep subject-matter and technical expertise
- You'll have the chance to travel frequently; whether this is internationally or in your home-city, no two weeks are ever the same.
Chart your course; we support the journey
- This isn't a "two-year program" – no artificial barriers stand in the way of your progression.
- You'll have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of industries and capabilities and you can decide to specialize early or leave it until several years in.
- You'll learn on the job via our apprenticeship model, supplemented by formal training. Much of your initial focus will be on research and analysis, and we'll support you in rapidly developing your communication, presentation, and client-management skills.
- We care about you succeeding and you'll be supported every step of the way.a You will be mentored and coached by colleagues at each stage, from partners and other consultants to a dedicated "buddy," career adviser, and talent manager.
- We believe inspired people with interesting lives make better consultants. We care deeply about sustainable work-life quality and provide for career flexibility with a variety of programs including sabbaticals, non-profit fellowships, and externships.
We hire you to be you
- Our open, inclusive, and down-to-earth culture will enable you to bring your authentic self to work.
- There's no corporate mold to fit and hierarchy doesn't get in the way.
- Many of your colleagues will become life-long friends.
Our Sydney entry-level consultant position is open to students graduating from 2020 and able to commence full-time work from 2021.
Your application should include a CV (max of 2 pages with ATAR, university WAM/Cumulative GPA, expected graduation date) cover letter and academic transcript in order to be considered.
We look for people who display initiative, intuition, and creativity with a strong problem solving and analytical mindset. We do not require specific academic majors or industry experience and look for diversity of experience and skills. We value extracurricular activities and evidence of leading an interesting and impactful life outside of your studies.
To be eligible, you must be permitted to work in Australia on a full-time basis at the time that you submit your application.
Please note that foreign applicants may not be eligible for visa sponsorship in all situations. In such case, you may wish to consider applying for roles in other Oliver Wyman offices.
Language requirements: Fluency in written and spoken English is required.