As an Actuarial Graduate:
The Actuarial teams have three main functions across the business and have been structured accordingly: Finance Actuarial, Group Pricing, Individual Pricing & Value.
- Within Finance Actuarial, we estimate the future liabilities that TAL will face and set aside sufficient funds to ensure that we can meet future claim payments when they arise. We are structured in alignment with our different products and the channels through which they are sold.
- Within Group Pricing, we primarily work with our superannuation fund partners to support their members with an insurance offering that meets their best interests. We may be dedicated to a single client or a portfolio of clients, working closely with other functions of the business to provide a holistic insurance solution to our partners.
- Within Individual Pricing & Value, we support our customers who are sold products via our Retail and Direct channels. We are often involved in enhancing our flagship products to remain industry-leading while managing our older products to ensure that the needs of our customers continue to be met.
About the opportunity:
We're looking for future leaders who want to bring their passion and skills to a business that makes a real difference to the lives of Australians. At TAL, there's no limit to where your career can go. We're excited to have opportunities available for Actuarial Graduates to join us in 2022.
These highly sought-after positions will work alongside industry thought leaders with support from dedicated sponsors, buddies and career managers.
We invest heavily in your development:
The TAL graduate program has been designed to challenge our graduates by immersing them in our Finance Actuarial teams as well as offering experience in other areas of our business. Throughout the two-year program you will receive:
- Flexible rotations across 4 different teams, including one area outside your selected discipline
- Ongoing professional development support and study days
- An award-winning formal graduate development program
- Exposure to mentors and buddy programs to support your development
- Networking opportunities with senior leaders
- 'Meet our Customer' days
- Bespoke career advice and pathway support
We're selective for a very good reason:
When it comes to choosing graduates for our program, we're highly selective. That's because we see it as a chance to find the future leaders of our business. We're looking for graduates who have:
- a strong academic track record (distinction average or above) in an actuarial related discipline
- a strong desire to work in the life insurance industry
- a well-rounded background with experience across community and/or extra-curricular activities
- effective communication skills
- a curious mind and a willingness to learn
- an interest in a role that not only embraces analytical skills but is also customer focused
- leadership qualities developed through university, work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- initiative and drive, and work well both individually and in a team environment
- completed or are due to complete undergraduate or post-graduate studies by the end of 2021, and
- a desire to help Australians make the most of their life.
The TAL Graduate Program will show you the difference you can make to our business and the lives of millions of Australians.
How to apply
Please submit your application via our Careers portal including the following documents:
- Resume and Cover letter
- Current academic transcript